What are your core business areas? How can you help me?
We can help you find:
- Homes (houses, villas, apartments, condominiums, guest houses) for sale or rent anywhere in Addis Ababa
- Land for sale or lease anywhere in Addis Ababa, and
- Provide you with accurate and up-to-date information on real estate in Addis Ababa.
How can I finance my dream home in Addis Ababa? Is it possible to get a mortgage loan?
Yes! We work with some domestic banks In Addis Ababa to get financing for our clients. In order for the banks we partner with to extend loans to finance your dream home, you are expected to pay at least 40% of the value of the building to be purchased as equity contribution. The remaining amount can be covered in the form of a loan. The loan duration is up to ten years and the mode of repayment is based on your cash flow either monthly or quarterly (every 3 months).
How much do you charge for your service?
We charge the lowest commission rate in Addis Ababa. We charge as much as unlicensed real estate brokers ("village dellalas") charge, which is only 2% for sales and10% for rentals. For rentals, our commission is calculated based on whatever deposit you pay to the land lord upon signing the final lease contract and/or delivery of the property. This is the lowest commission rate you need to pay for brokerage services anywhere in Ethiopia. We know that many other real estate brokers, especially in Addis Ababa charge much more but we don't.
I currently reside abroad. Can I still get a mortgage loan to buy my dream home in Addis Ababa?
Yes, you can. In order to buy a house, an apartment, a condo, or a plot of land in Addis Ababa, you just need to make a trip to take care of everything. In order to save you time, money, and multiple trips, we will guide you through all the paper work and office visitations to ensure that you get everything done fast, flawlessly, and without any hassle.
What are the Procedures to follow when buying a house in Addis Ababa?
You probably know someone, who made a bad purchase of real estate in Addis Ababa and lost a fortune. We don’t want unlicensed brokers to fool you and push you into making a bad purchase and sending your money down the drain. Therefore, we have made a checklist available for you to help you determine whether any property offered for sale is the right one or not. Of course, we would be glad to guide you throughout the whole process if you give us a chance to work with you.
The house to be sold:
- Must have title deed and building permit
- Must be free from court order
- Must be free from collateral blockade
After verifying the status of the property, make sure you take the following measures.
- Submit the transaction agreement between you and the seller to the public notary to get it registered
- Make the necessary payment to the municipality and get the transfer ensured.
- Get the transfer effected by having the Land Administration Authority put a seal at the back of the title deed.
I am a foreign national interested in owning real estate properties in Ethiopia. Are there any restrictions that may limit my ability to own a property in Ethiopia?
In order to own a real estate property in Ethiopia, you have to fulfill at least one of the following criteria.
- You must be engaged in some kind of investment activities in the country aside owning properties.
- Your spouse must be an Ethiopian national. In this case, the title of the property is registered in your Ethiopian spouse’s name.
Why should I choose Addis Agents over everyone else?
Here are the top 10 reasons you should choose Addis Agents for all your real estate service needs in Addis Ababa.
1. Unlike many other real estate brokers in Addis Ababa, all our members are properly licensed and they have been providing brokerage services for years.
2. We listen to you, answer your questions, and address any concerns you may have promptly (Sometimes within couple of minutes after you contact us, if not within less than 24 hours).
3. We have the longest and most comprehensive real estate listing in Addis Ababa and we update it weekly. This is because we have created a network of real estate agents across Addis Ababa and have a unique competitive advantage in obtaining more properties than couple of agents can on their own.
4. We will have you visit as many alternatives as you wish until you find a property you fall in love with. We do this because it is in the best interest of our clients. If an agent, who is a member of Addis Agents', does not have the right property for a client, he will work with other members to show the client a wide selection of properties anywhere in Addis Ababa.
5. We will help you negotiate price as if we were buying the property for ourselves. We understand that many property buyers do not have prior knowledge about real estate prices in Addis Ababa; hence they cannot get the best deal they deserve. We will help you overcome this information and knowledge gap.
6. We will NOT charge you a high commission like other brokers, who think they are a little "sophisticated," do. Some of them charge home buyers 5% or more in commission. They also charge way more than 10% for rentals.
7. We charge the lowest commission in Addis Ababa. We charge as much as unlicensed brokers ("village dellalas") charge, which is only 2% for home buyers and only 10% for renters. This is the lowest amount you need to pay for brokerage services in Addis Ababa. You can ask anyone. We will give you discount if you hear anything different and can prove it to us.
8. We will provide you with a diligent and professional service from the start to the finish. We will verify the authenticity of all the relevant documents and guide you through all the paper work and office visitations necessary to transfer the title of the property you purchase or lease.
9. If you are a returning client, we will give you a valued-customer discount on construction materials and other services whenever you need them.
10. We will provide you our services for absolutely no cost for every successful referral you make. One successful referral = Free brokerage service for you.